Day 229 - Faith Filled Prayers


Thank GOD it's Monday! 

Positive thinking works, right?

Nothing I seem to be able to do makes the weekend last longer, and so here we are again... Monday.

I did have a great prayer time this morning and was encouraged to really lay the desires of my heart before God.

Psalm 37:4 says: Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.


I believe that He has given me these desires, not to torture me with things I can't have or attain, but rather to work in my life for His plan and for the good of those who love Him.

Having been working towards these desires for a long time, I kept hedging my bets in prayer time. Saying things like "if it's Your will... but if it's not, I understand".

Talking like that feels like I'm taking away all the faith that I have that God can actually move mountains and fulfill the requests that I bring before Him.

So I decided to change.

I will go boldly before the Lord and present the desires of my heart. Not so that I can get everything that I want... but because I know these desires are not just from me, but from God. I know that His plan for me will bring Him glory and I am ready to get on with it!

I am thankful that my God does not begrudge me praying with boldness.

I am thankful that my God does not want to keep me downtrodden, but rather works all things for my good and His glory.

I am thankful that these desires have a purpose and that I can trust God to fulfill them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails