Day 231 - Love is...


My class is currently learning 1 Corinthians 13:4-7....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And I got have this really sweet conversation with them about the love of God.

He is patient with us.

He is kind to us.

He doesn't not brag about how awesome He is (that's our job).

He doesn't seek to shame us, but rather builds us up when we fall.

He is not easily angered, even we when continually sin against Him. 

He doesn't remind us of our wrong doings once we have repented and been forgiven.  I think this is so awesome! The one who reminds us of our sins is usually satan trying to tell us we aren't good enough for God's love.

God doesn't rejoice when we fall, but rather He rejoices when we turn back to Him.

He will protect us.

He will believe in us and always give us every chance to turn back to Him... until the end!

And He will never fail.

I love those moments with my class; those chances to really shine some light on who God is. It helps remind me too!

I am thankful that God is working in my life.

I am thankful that He is using me in the lives of these little kids.

I am thankful that He is who He is and He will always be just as He is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails