Day 251 - Disappointments


I not a big fan of disappointment.

But really, who is?

Yesterday I got an extra large dose of disappointment. One that I didn't even think would affect me if it didn't come to fruition... boy was I wrong.

I managed to hold it together all day; no problem.

But the minute I walked through the door and my husband gave me a hug and kiss as usual... I fell apart.

Like, Kim Kardashian ugly-crying, fell apart.

You may not know what Kim Kardashian's ugly cry looks like... allow me to enlighten you.


Plus add streaks of mascara and snot running down my face. Not pretty.

I still don't know exactly why I was so devastated, but I was. I couldn't seem to get it together.

I felt like I cried all the tears that I had been allotted for my lifetime... but really, it was probably only 3 minutes. Still.

After that seemingly endless cry, I forced myself to remember that I have my own path in God's plan. And that WHATEVER His plan is for me, it's going to be exactly tailored to me.

God doesn't promise to give us everything we could ever think of or dream of. He doesn't promise us earthly comforts or riches.

He does promise to give those who love Him the desires of their heart. While I may think I know the desires of my heart, God truly knows. And all things work to the good of those who love Him...

I am thankful that God guards my heart against bitterness and anger.

I am thankful that I don't have to fight satan's attacks on my heart alone...

I am thankful that God's plan for my life unfolds a little more each day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails