Day 298 - On the Eve of Easter



This week my class Bible times focused on the events leading up to the crucifixion of Christ.

My class is so wonderful and attentive during Bible time, and this week was no exception. They gasped in all the right places (when Judas betrayed Jesus), and clutched at their chests when Judas then hung himself...

It seems odd to talk about suicide with a group of six year olds... but this information is so crucial to our faith. To understanding exactly what Christ and those around Him went through as He prepared to give His life for us.

The kids really got it. They saw what Christ gave up for us. They realized the pain of crucifixion and the agony of being separated from God. They expressed their deepest thanks to God in our prayers that day and acknowledged that Jesus didn't have to die for us... He chose to.

I am blown away that I get to be a part of these moments for them. I won't lie, there was many moments where tears welled up in my eyes and I had to take a few deep breaths before continuing.

What an overwhelming gift of love that Christ has poured out for us.

I am thankful that God loved us so much, that He would give up His Son, that we might be with Him in eternity. 

I am thankful that we don't just get to remember His gift on Easter, but that it is with us always.

I am thankful that God is using me to work in the hearts of the next generation of Christian men and women.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails