Day 192 - Tilt-A-Whirl



Hello all. I'm back.

I appreciate the opportunity to take an unplanned break during the holidays.

You know those tilt-a-whirl rides at the carnival? You get on and you know exactly where you are.

Then the ride starts up. Things around you start to blur slightly, but you can still see the general outline of everything.

Then it speeds up even more.

Everything is blurred beyond recognition. You know there are things you should care about, but your mind can't focus enough to remember them. You're having fun, but you start to wonder when it's all going to stop.

That's kinda what the holidays are like for me. At least this year.

No sleep, constant activities, too much food, and you're not sure when things will go back to normal.

And while the holidays were amazing and spending time with family is the best, I did manage to neglect all my other responsibilities.

But I'm back now, and I am glad to be.

I am thankful for the time off that I have enjoyed so far.

I am thankful that I got to spend a full week with both sides of my family.

I am thankful that everything is starting to settle back into some sense of normalcy. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you guys had a fantastic Christmas. You deserved some time off the grid. I hope your new years is marvelous as well. Cheers my dears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend! I mentally responded to this yesterday, but I guess that doesn't count! :-)

      Thank you for the well wishes! They are reciprocated! We love you!

      Delete
    2. Of course mentally responding to someones message counts. There comes a point in a friendship when reciprocal well wishes and gratitude are simply a given. And that's the only reason that they aren't given immediately is due to life in all of its infinitely obstructive circumstance. CHEERS MY DEARS.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails