Day 257 - Reading


Oh man, I forgot how much I looooooove to read!

I used to devour a large novel or two each week.

But over the last nine years that freedom has left me. Not that I haven't been allowed to read if I wanted, but that I haven't felt like I could "waste" the time on such a frivolous task....

I was keeping myself from reading because I felt so anxious about all the "right" things getting done...

Well, I broke down and let myself read a new book this week.

Just a few hours in and I've already finished 392 pages... only a 100 left to go before the book is done.

I forgot how much I love the excitement of an undiscovered adventure.... that feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes the story come alive... the depth of emotion that you can feel over a fictional character.

I missed it so much and I didn't even realize it! Welcome back, old friend.

I am thankful that God has blessed me with an active imagination.

I am thankful that He has helped me to relax over the last few months so that I can feel comfortable "wasting" a few hours on a new book.

I am thankful that I haven't forgotten how to read in all this time! :-P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails