Day 270 - Whistful


Something about today has stirred up a longing in my soul.

I'm not exactly sure why, or even what it is that I'm longing for, but it is very strong.

My husband and I have been bouncing around some very big ideas this week and it looks as though they may actually work out.

We have been praying about where God wants us to be and what He wants us to be doing for a very long time.

We have been in a period of waiting.... a long period of waiting.

And it looks like this particular period of waiting is coming to a close.

So maybe that's what's causing the longing. The idea that we may really be coming to a point where the desires of our hearts are going to be fulfilled.

I try to keep my heart in check, but so often it gets away from me. And it seems like today is one of those days...

I am thankful that I know God works for our best.

I am thankful that He wants to give us the desires of our hearts... and that it's in His perfect timing that those desires see fruition.

I am thankful that He has seen me through many years of waiting... even when that waiting wasn't calm and quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails