Day 272 - Cast All Your Worries on Him


Yesterday was stressful.

I'm dealing with a situation in my class that has taken a lot of time away from teaching this week... not to mention the 37 back and forth emails with parents in the last 3 days.

A full blown panic attack started to set in yesterday and I just didn't know what I was going to do.

But in a moment of clarity amidst the swirling waves of panic, I remembered that I didn't have to worry about it. I am free to cast all my worries on Him, because He cares about me. What a freedom came over me at that moment. What a release from anxiety...

It was no longer my burden to carry. 

And though there was joy, there was also frustration.

How many times do I have to rediscover this idea before it is second nature??

We don't have to carry these burdens, God wants us to cast them at His feet. He wants that. Who are we to argue?

I am thankful that my God cares about such "silly" things in my life. 

I am thankful that He cares about me personally.

I am thankful that He offers that same freedom and love to all who would receive it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails