Day 278 - Bronchitis


If you were one who spent a lot of time around me in the last five years, you'll know that around that time I became extremely susceptible to bronchitis.

For someone who wasn't sick for the first time in her life until she was 4 years old, being sick so often was really unusual.

But I was. And it was terrible.

It would rain... I would get bronchitis.

One of the kids in my class had a runny nose... I would get bronchitis.

I'd spend a good chunk of time sewing and being around fabric dust... I would get bronchitis.

The pollen would drop... I would get bronchitis.

You get the idea! But last year that all stopped (due in full, I feel, to me finally turning over all my stress and worries to God) and I haven't had bronchitis in a full year! Hallelujah!

About two days ago I started feeling like my body was gearing up to get sick again, and sure enough, last night I woke up with full blown bronchitis. Chest tightness, the gunk in my lungs... the works!

I seriously felt like rocking back and forth, cross-legged on my bed and weeping. After having it full time for so many years, I dreaded that season starting over again.

Instead, I prayed for healing and thanked God in advance for that healing. I had faith that I would wake up today well and able to come to work.

And I did.

Isn't God good?

I am thankful that God answered my prayers with healing.

I am thankful that I don't have to miss any days with my class.

I am thankful that I don't have to deal with bronchitis today!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails