Day 69 - Meet the Teacher


 A little face peeked around the frame of the classroom door. A little boy who didn't know what to make of this new teacher and new room.

His mom urges him to come in, but he resists. Several minutes of easy coaxing later, he shakes my hand from behind his mother's legs.

I smile and tell him how glad I am to be his teacher this year. He smiles a little bit.

I ask him if he can find his name on the tables. Without looking he points behind him; he already had.

A few more minutes of small talk and he's running around the room and taking it all in.

Aren't we all like that? Dipping our toes into the water and making sure nothing sinister is waiting for us beneath the surface...

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.

                                                           Isaiah 41:10


I am thankful to be a part of so many new little ones this year.

I am thankful that their parents have trusted me with their education.

I am thankful that I get to see them all grow and mature throughout the next ten months.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails