Day 73 - Growth


Looking back over the last three years, I don't even recognize the woman I was back then.

I was hurt, angry, frustrated, sad, lonely, jealous, devastated, worried, un-trusting, critical, and demanding. 

The pain that clutched my heart with each announced pregnancy was real.

That heartache that I couldn't fix... that my husband, parents, and friends couldn't fix, that was real.

The longing for children was so deep that it drove my every thought....

Flash forward to today. 

I am happy, content, satisfied.

Over the last few weeks, several friends have told me of their pregnancies and not even the shadow of jealousy has crossed my mind.

You have no idea what an amazing feeling that is.
I am thankful for my path. Even if I don't always understand it.

I am thankful for the growth that I have been granted by God through this experience. 

I am thankful for the blessings of so many babies all around me. I pray so fervently for their safe arrival. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails