Day 59 - Neat and Tidy


I sit at my desk, staring at a jumble of papers, games, pencils, and glue sticks. The whole room is covered in piles of "stuff" that needs to be sorted through and put away.

Furniture lines the walls; tables, chairs, cubby shelves, filing cabinets... and nothing seems to make sense.

In the back of my mind I know that in just a few short days this classroom will be filled with big personalities in little bodies, but I try not to let it overwhelm me.

My mind is racing with ideas for how to arrange and organize everything; a hundred different ideas at once... It almost keeps me from getting anything done.

K-Love plays Christian music from my iPhone in the background and I try my best to focus.

Ok, move this table...

Alright, these papers should go there...

Oh look! A pencil bucket, I can put that here...

And on and on it goes for hours on end. Though the day is ending, the task it not complete... So back I'll go tomorrow.

I am thankful for uplifting Christian music that kept me motivated and centered amongst the chaos today.

I am thankful for the large trash bags that were filled to the brim with unnecessary items.

I am thankful for the help of friends and family as the school year is flying towards us.

Do you have family heading back to school soon? Are you ready?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails