Day 62 - Rainy Days



It seems like five minutes ago, the sun was shining and wasn't a cloud in the sky. When without warning, the clouds roll in and the rain starts pouring.

That's the way I feel in life most of the time. Things appear to be smooth sailing, no hint of a rain cloud, when BOOM! The heavens open up and God sends down a gully washer.

Most of the time I don't realize that the rain is a blessing until it's passed. But I'm working on that.

Taking away the metaphor, this literally happened today. It was the school wide work day to get everything painted/organized/fixed before the school year begins. One moment we were all out in the sunshine and within minutes there was a flash flood. Yikes!

It was a great time and I'm so glad that I got to help.

I'm looking forward to basking in God's rain in my life from the moment the first drop falls.

Do you tend to see life's "rainy seasons" as blessings right away, or does it take you a while?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails