Day 54 - Story {Five Minute Friday}



Story.

What imagery that word brings to mind.

I think of all the books my husband has read to me; The Count of Monte Cristo, A Christmas Carol, The Narnia series, The Wheel of Time series, and so many more. I think of his voice, strong and confident as he reads across the page, never stumbling, never missing any emotions in the words.

I think of the books I've read through the years; everything from the current "it" book to the local author from my hometown. I've cried so many tears for those fictional characters. I laugh with them, hope with them, cheer for them.

That's what a great story can do. It becomes so real that you forget it's not.

I think of all the stories I have half finished and just waiting in notebooks all over my house. There are characters in mid sentance that I have left alone for years. Their stories are not yet completed. I think about them often, and yet there they sit. Neglected. Alone.

I am so glad that the Author of my story takes more care with my life. I can't wait to see how it ends, but more than that, I'm so glad He's not done writing.

Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday.








5 comments:

  1. loved this thought: "it becomes so real you forget it's not!" that is so true.

    ever thankful for the story He's writing in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. I'm so glad He's not done writing! Visiting from FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH wow. I suddenly realize how perfect J is for you! I love that he reads to you!

    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's he just the greatest?! He really is better than any prince or knight in shining armor a mere mortal could dream up. Only my God could make someone so amazing!

      Love you too!!

      Delete
  4. first of all...LOVE that your hubby reads to you. What a fantastic memory for you both. I don't have a husband, but i have fond memories of my parents reading books to me before bed...and i'll never forget it.
    its true that sometimes those stories get so deep into our minds that its hard to come back to 'reality' and realized we were just visiting those 'friends'.
    loved this line: I am so glad that the Author of my story takes more care with my life. I can't wait to see how it ends, but more than that, I'm so glad He's not done writing. - AMEN
    visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails