Day 143 - Grace {Five Minute Friday}


Grace.

The word leapt off the page at me when I went to check Lisa-Jo's site. And to think, I almost didn't participate in this week's Five Minute Friday.

Something happened in my class this week that made me want to scream and shout and stomp my feet, and just throw a big ol' Texas-style hissy fit. But I'm so glad I didn't.

I was upset. I was hurt. I was disappointed. I was sad.

I wanted to drive home the reality of the situation to the children who had been involved.

I wanted them to understand exactly what they had done.

But, miraculously, God stayed my tongue. Feeling pretty good about how I handled the situation, I was walking a little arrogantly today. For shame, I know.

Then I realized that this is how God treats me everyday.


I do things that upset Him, that hurt Him, that disappoint Him, and that cause Him sadness.

Yet He doesn't rub my noise in my failures, He guides me to grow through my mistakes when I repent. And He loves me still.

Thank you God for giving me grace so abundantly that I may pass it along, knowing that I am so undeserving and so unable to pass judgment. 



1 comment:

  1. Visiting from FMF! So glad to read this and so in agreement! So thankful for Grace....all days in all ways!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails