Day 153 - Blessing or Curse

 
God has me studying the story of Joseph still.

Man that story really puts things into perspective for me.

Joseph was sold by his brothers into slavery. Yet he praised and trusted God. He was rewarded for his attitude and work ethic with a promotion to "head slave".

During this period of reward, he was falsely accused and thrown in jail.

Yet he praised and trusted God.

Again, he was rewarded for his actions with a promotion to "head prisoner".

After twenty years of roller coaster living, Joseph found himself facing the very people who had thrown him into slavery. Only, Joseph was no longer the same little brother who had been forced into slavery; he was the right hand of the Pharaoh of Egypt. 

He could have exacted his revenge. He could have done any number of things to get even with his brothers. But instead he comforted them after revealing his true identity.

Genesis 45:4-8
4 Then Joseph said to his brothers, “Come close to me.” When they had done so, he said, “I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. For two years now there has been famine in the land, and for the next five years there will be no plowing and reaping. But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance. 8 "So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God.

Joseph knew who held his fate. It wasn't up to his brothers to decide what his lot in life was to be; it was up to God. God had used his brothers to bring good to Joseph. And moreover, it brought glory to God.

God help me to remember that in all things I must praise You. In all things You are to be glorified and in all things You work to the good of those who love You.

Thank You God for Your faithfulness. I am so thankful that I don't have to worry about You letting me down. You are exactly who You are and You will remain so for all of eternity.

I am thankful that God is willing to speak to me everyday through His word.

I am thankful that no matter what the world claims is a hardship or a curse, I can stand firm in the knowledge that God is working to bless me in ways I could never dream!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails