Day 163 - Sweet Thanks of a Five Year Old


Today we really started gearing up for Thanksgiving in my class. We did all sorts of Thanksgiving related crafts and worksheets.

It was so sweet to listen to them give thanks to God during prayer time.

While we may think about our home or our family (and those were mentioned by the kids too!), they also prayed things like, "Thank you God for healing me when I am sick".

"Thank you God for letting my mom have a good day, even when I'm not with her."

"Thank you God for making the most beautiful rainbow yesterday." 

"Thank you God that we have food to eat when so many don't."

And on and on it went.

They are so sweet and I am so blessed to be a part of helping to grow their Thankful Hearts!

I am thankful to really see the fruits of my effort with these kids this year.

I am thankful that we get to give thanks year round, and not just during one season.

I am thankful that God listens to our troubles and worries, even when we forget to give thanks every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails