Day 114 - The Giant Bear

 
"Teacher, can I pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase bring my giant bear to school tomorrow?"

His big blue eyes look pleadingly up at me as he awaits my answer.

I give a little shrug and say, "Sure!"

It was a simple request and I gave a quick answer. I never could have imagined the impact it would have on this child.

This morning he bounced in and told me that his mother would be bringing his bear in after a while. Since it was too big for him to carry, she was doing all the heavy lifting.

He wasted no time in telling me (and the rest of the class as well) that his special bear was going to be joining him for nap time.

He was so full of joy!

When we heard the little knock on the door I let him answer it, and in popped his mom with the enormous bear in hand.

He couldn't believe that he was allowed to be so happy. He couldn't believe that I had said yes.

Neither could his mom. She said "thank you" several times before leaving.

Watching him play through out the day has been so much fun. I didn't know that he would be so thrilled and blessed by this simple yes, but I am so glad that was my answer!

I began to think about the blessings that God grants to me. He knows the outcome. He knows what will bring joy and what will bring pain.

He doesn't have to wonder if He is making the right choice by granting or denying our requests.

What a blessing to have such kind and loving Heavenly Father.

I am thankful that God often grants me my giant teddy bear.

I am thankful that sometimes He doesn't.

I am thankful that I am not a spoiled child of God who is granted everything I desire. 

I am thankful that I have been allowed to learn patience and gratefulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails