Day 18 - Answered Prayers


2 1/2 years ago I prayed a silly little prayer.

God, I want to be able to make clothes for my family.

I had always known how to sew, but never really felt all that confident in my ability to make quality clothing.

2 days after I prayed that prayer, my mom came home from the fabric store and said that she had met a sweet little lady in need of some help in her alterations business.

I called the next day, which happened to be the day before Thanksgiving, and then I started on Black Friday.

That experience was amazing. I learned so much in the year and a half that I was there.

Yesterday I spent the day working on a new wardrobe for myself to wear during the next school year and I reflected on God's love and provision.

I am thankful that God is sometimes quick to answer prayers.

I am thankful that He cares about me enough to answer a silly little prayer.

I am thankful for the patience of the seamstress who taught me so much.

I am thankful for the opportunity to so often use my sewing skills for myself and those around me.

What are you thankful for today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails