Day 8 - Father's Day


Today was Father's Day, and without going into too much detail, it was a little bitter-sweet.

I got to see my dad, grandfather, and younger brother- who is getting ready to be a dad for the first time. That was amazing!

But the bitter part of the sweet was that my own wonderful husband doesn't get to participate in this celebration... beyond wishing his own dad a happy Father's Day.

While parts of today were sad, I still have so many things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for a wonderful father who has sacrificed so many things to help me grow into the person I am today.
I am thankful that my family is close enough that I get to see them several times a week.

I am thankful that I married a man who will be a wonderful father someday.

I am thankful that I serve a God whose plans for my life are for my good and His glory.

Romans 8:28 (NIV) - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him...

What are you thankful for today?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails