Day 19 - In Between {Five Minute Friday}

 
Trying something a little different today. I'm joining the Five Minute Friday link-up! 

Quest: Write for five minutes; no editing, no filtering, just pour out your soul over the prompt... 

In Between

Five Minute Friday

Start.

We are preparing, dreaming, hoping. We are ready for the next step.

We have prayed and pleaded for this season of our lives to end, to change.

We are ready. Aren't we?

This step, this season has taught us so much. Our marriage has thrived. Our careers have solidified. Our talents have increased. And yet we long for the next step.

A family. A homestead.

Is it greedy to want more? Am I ungrateful to ask for more blessings?

We see the next step, we see how to get there. We see God's light shining down on the path before us, and yet He asks us to wait just a little while longer.

The in between time has a purpose too doesn't it? A question that can quickly be answered "of course". Then why does it feel like a waste? To wait for His timing when we could push forward in our own strength and disregard His plan.

His plan. I want to be in His will. But this in between time is killing me.

Stop.

Today I am linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker and a wonderful community of women for Five Minute Friday.

I am thankful for this desire for family that God has given to me.

I am thankful for the trust in His plan that is growing in my heart.

I am thankful that even though I am sometimes sad, God's blessings shine all around me.

What are you thankful for today?


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done, dear one. Oh how this time is so hard. Waiting on Him. But, oh He and His timing are worth waiting for. Trust me when I tell you that I DO NOT say that lightly. Feel free to read my story, if you want. I have waited and waited and waited on God. Sometimes patiently and faithfully. Other times, more quiet times, I've waited selfishly and impatiently. But, I say it again, He and HIS will are soooo worth waiting for. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is about the most unproductive feeling way to be productive there is. I have a hard time remembering that God's perspective affords him a greater view of what is and isn't, and of what should and should not be and when that should be. The trick is to remember that anyone who would give themselves up for us, like He did, is it going to make us wait or do something out of spite of cruelty. If we're waiting it's because if we didn't wait in really bad what happened. Just thinking outlays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting takes such faith. And I am certain that the Lord is incredibly pleased with yours. You are sowing such wonderful seeds into your family right now as you wait--seeds of purpose that will bless 1000 generations after you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have that “in between” feeling too. And it’s tough. It feels like limbo, doesn’t it? I’m trying to remember that pauses in music, the space where no notes appear, simply add to the glory of the song as a whole. That’s what this waiting is for me, a big pause, a pause with so much beautiful, yet unseen purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails