Day 20 - Cooking



I love to cook. I love to cook for one, two, or 20.

I do most of the cooking for family meals and holidays and it's something that I really do love.

Today I'm cooking about 30 meals for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting their first baby. The above picture is of 20lbs of potatoes that will get processed for the following! (When I asked my sister in law what she wanted me to cook, she answered "Lots of potatoes" :-)

Mashed Potatoes
Shepard's Pie
Meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie

and of course dessert...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I am thankful that I have a family who loves my cooking!

I am thankful to have the time to give this gift.

I am thankful for the love of doing things for others that God has blessed me with.

What are you thankful for today?




2 comments:

  1. I am thankful I have something TO cook. Money these days is for me a scarce commodity, but I have never been hungry throughout this lengthening period of poverty. So many are, even here in the most prosperous nation on Earth. I have food to cook, and I am exceedingly fearful to Him who provided it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful, not fearful. Auto correct is evil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails