Day 5 - Legacy


The picture above is of my great-grandmother, known to us as Grano. She was a seamstress, as I am. She had a deep faith that she passed down through her children to her grandchildren, who in turn passed it on to their children... who are now having their own children.

It wasn't just Grano who passed on a love of Christ, but every member of that generation within my family. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents on both sides shared these strong beliefs that are now prevalent in so many lives.

I am so blessed to have such an amazing legacy of believers. I know many people who are not as blessed as we are... families who fight over belief systems and have no relationships left at all because of that fighting. I am very thankful that that is not my lot.
I am thankful for a heritage full of believers.

I am thankful for parents who raised us as believers in Christ. Not for the simple reason that it was what they had been raised under, but because they asked questions, sought answers, and truly believe the Word of God.

I am thankful that I get to leave my own legacy for Christ.
What are you thankful for this morning?


2 comments:

  1. I too am thankful for this as you say! I feel so blessed that I have the support of my family!

    This post makes me think of my grandmother, oh how I miss her! I'm soooo thankful she was able to live on this earth as long as she did while I was growing up! I still feel connected to her, 13 years after her passing. My heart is happy when I think of her but also breaks inside with how much I long to spend another moment with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..... Continued .. the relationship of Grandparents is such a cherished and beautiful thing! And I'm truly grateful my son and future children will know those special moments and make those memories with theirs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails