Day 103 - Stormy Weather


It's storming in my life right now.

Literally and figuratively.

The rains that are hitting my part of Texas are fast and furious. Flash floods everywhere you look.

I absolutely love the rain, literal rain... the figurative rain, not as much.

With the very sudden death of my grandfather, the figurative rain has been pretty heavy this week.

I've always had a chance to say goodbye. To say, "I'll see you soon" to the face of the loved one soon to depart this world.

In fact, my grandmother's last words to me were, "Next time in Heaven". And now she is reunited with her husband of almost 50 years.

Not having a goodbye with Paw Paw has been so difficult. Much more difficult that I would have thought.

I know I'll see him again.

I know he's not just a body in the ground.

I know he is still a conscious mind and soul, just not in this world.

But my ridiculous mind and heart don't care. They are grieving that silly concept of a "goodbye".

Storms are raging in my life and I'm trying to cling to the words of Spafford's famous hymn.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul. 


I am thankful for the rain on our parched Texas ground.

I am thankful for the flood of emotions; it proves I love deeply.

I am thankful for the comfort of my earthly family and friends, but also the comfort from  my Heavenly Father.


Thank you for your prayers.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails