Day 87 - Teacher {Desire to Inspire}



Teacher.

That used to seem like a loaded word to me. A word weighted with responsibility and opportunity.

That responsibility terrified me when I first started teaching last fall. The thought of being held responsible for the educational progress of these little children was daunting.

I felt like I was in way over my head. That first week was fun, I loved my class, but man was I stressed out and worried.

Then I realized something that I had forgotten about completely. With all the hustle and bustle of starting (with only 3 days notice from the day I was hired to the day I started)... I hadn't been praying.

I had completely neglected to bring my concerns and worries to my Teacher.

The One who has the power to grant knowledge and wisdom. The One who has the power to grant comfort. The One who has the power to grant peace... I hadn't given Him a call all week.

The change that came over me once I remembered (and I really can't believe I had forgotton) to take time to pray each morning, to study God's words... that change was remarkable.

I felt God's words, His wisdom and mercy, flow through me each day. The burden of wondering if I was doing everything "right" was lifted from my shoulders.

Once I shifted my focus back to Him, everything else fell into place.

It was an amazing first year, and I know it was all through Him.

I am thankful that I am not left alone in this world to figure everything out on my own. 

I am thankful that my God and my Savior are only a thought away.

I am thankful for the Living Word that speaks to me each day as I study my Bible. 

When do you feel the most connected to God?

Linking up with Amanda at A Royal Daughter for Desire to Inspire! Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails