Day 92 - YouTube {Tiny Tuesday}


 It may be silly, but I am extremely thankful for YouTube.

You may think of YouTube in corelation with videos of less than intelligent people doing less than intelligent things... This may then lead you to wonder, "Why in the world is she thankful for that?".

A reasonable question. But videos of that ilk are not all YouTube has to offer.

People from all over the world upload videos on many different subjects. And thanks to those wonderful people, I have learned a ton of new skills!

Including, but not limited to...

How to knit.

How to make my own drop spindle. 

How to spin fibers. 
 
How to ply my newly spun thread into yarn. 

How to properly center the clay on my pottery wheel.

How to make my own natural dyes from plants in my area. 

How to set up my fabric loom. 

How to thread and actually use my fabric loom.

How to bind a hardback book.

How to make shoes. 

How to properly finish quilt binding.

How to draw hair.

How to paint digital fire.

How to create the perfect reflective surface in 3D rendering software.

How could I not be thankful for such a wonderful wealth of information?

I am thankful for the people who take time from their own day to share the information they have collected and perfected.

I am thankful for the ability to learn from someone halfway around the world.

I am thankful that God has placed in my heart a love of learned. 

I am thankful for the opportunity to impart, through teaching, that same love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails