Day 24 - Land of the Free


 Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, Independence Day.

A day when we, as a nation, celebrate the fact that we are free from an oppressive government, over taxation, and over regulation. When we celebrate that we have God given rights that our government acknowledges cannot be infringed upon. A day to remember and celebrate our right to practice our religion freely and without fear.

If you are anything like me, you may be asking "Why are we celebrating our independence when so many of these things seem to be lacking?".

The answer I give myself is that we celebrate this day in remembrance and prayers for restoration.

This country was built on God's firm foundation, and I can't imagine that's something that God will easily let go of. If it was, I fear we would have already gone the way of Sodom and Gomorrah.

So for this Fourth of July, let us remember where we came from, and ask God to restore us back to that original glory.

I had the privilege of contributing to A Royal Daughter's #PrayerDare this month. 31 Days of Praying for our Country.

Please join us in praying for our country and remembering the things that we can be thankful for.

I am thankful that I get to live in a country built on God's Word. 

I am thankful that I am not forced to hide my belief in God as so many others around the world must.

I am thankful that so many of my countrymen are committed to restoring our nation back to its Godly foundation.

I am thankful for the brave men and women, past and present, who have given it all to ensure our freedoms and safety.

What are you thankful for today?









2 comments:

  1. Today mark a the 150th anniversary of the end of the Battle of Gettysburg. The forces of General Robert E Lee were turned back and kept from a deep in insurgence into Union Territory. speaking as a dyed-in-the-wool son of the south I have to say I am thankful for this event. As much as I love my homeland my Texas and my South, the world we live in today would not exist without a whole and firm United States of America, where all of its men and women are free. And as the good man once said where government, of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth. America, God bless er'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Bless 'er indeed! Thanks Sean! The South missed you... by the way ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails