Day 44 - Patience in Learning


Another summer camp is in full swing. This time it's sewing!

Teaching 14 kids how to embroider and quilt over the next week is going to be very challenging. But I know that it will also be incredibly rewarding.

You may not know this, but I taught Pre-Kindergarten last year at a Christian school. During that time I taught my class to sew.

They all did small embroidery patches throughout the year and in March we combined them into individual quilts for each student.

They were so proud of their accomplishments and I was proud of their hard work and perseverance.

I have to wonder if that's how God feels about us sometimes. Our first attempts to follow His directions may be clumsy and require a lot of correction, but in the end we have the opportunity to have a beautiful relationship with Him that we can be thrilled to share.
Just like those little children who jumped up and down and pulled on the hands of their parents to go faster as they led them over to their finished craft, I hope that we are so thrilled and fulfilled by our relationship with Christ that we can't wait to share it with others.

I am thankful for the opportunity to share these new skills with so many young people.

I am thankful, as always, for the amazing help that my family is willing to provide.

I am thankful that God never gives up on me... no matter how many times I mess up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails