Day 22 - A New Hope



The Scholar and I have spent the last week re-watching all 6 of the Star Wars movies.

It has been pretty interesting to watch them all "in order"... Episode I - Episode VI that is. This is the first time we've watched them "in order" like this and it gives a completely different feeling to the story line.

As I mentioned during my Five Minute Friday, I am struggling with this season of my life. I want to skip ahead to the part that I want to be living in... but that's not how it works.

Sometimes I feel like I'm having to wade through the first three Episodes of my life to get to anything good. But I'm slowly... very slowly... allowing the real truth to seep into my heart and mind.

My hope comes from the Lord.

I know that God has great plans for every moment in my life. And as much as I want to skip ahead, those moments that I'm so looking forward to probably wouldn't mean as much to me if I hadn't gone through all the other moments leading up to them.

I am thankful that I am able to spent time with my husband every day. I know that's a luxury many others do not have.

I am thankful that we are both total geeks :-)

I am thankful that these moments are going to culminate into something amazing someday.

I am thankful that I get to live this story all the way through to the end.

I am thankful that someday I will be able to look back and see God's hand working in each part of my life to guide me where I needed to be. 

What are you thankful for today?



2 comments:

  1. I think that every season of our lives colors the season after it. Without freezing winter, the nice warm summer would be lessened orson appeal and impact. We are the sum of our memory to quote The Doctor, so that the totality of those memories become who we are, and who we are is the totality of how we see where we are going. One can I just fully without the other. Think how much cooler Furnaces is now that we can compare him to Jar Jar Binks. :-)
    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails