Day 47 - Broken {Five Minute Friday}



Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker and the amazing community over at Five Minute Friday.

I stayed up late last night, just staring at the clock and waiting for the new Five Minute Friday prompt. I have so loved getting to stretch my writing muscles with this fun exercise.

Midnight came and there was the prompt... one word: Broken.

That word hit me in the gut and froze me.

I didn't want to think about that word. All the imagery that comes to mind when I think about how that word relates to my life.... I just didn't want to do it. Especially after such an emotional post from the last Five Minute Friday, and then the retelling of my childlessness story on Monday. I just wanted an easy, fun topic...

Shutting my computer, I went to bed with a heavy heart and feeling like I was missing out on something. I love this community of women and I didn't want to stay away. But I went to sleep anyway.

As I woke up this morning, that prompt word was the first thing on my mind: Broken.

I started getting ready for the day as that word swam across my mind's eye and forced me to look it straight in the face.

That imagery of broken-heartedness, of childlessness, of a broken marriage, of broken dreams... it was all there.

And then I realized something. All those moments I was seeing, those were all in the past, the long ago past. There was no memory of last night, or last week, when I was truly broken.

God has wrapped His mighty hands around my heart and my life and I am broken no more.

I am thankful for the healing of my heart through my Savior.

I am thankful for the realization that I am not broken.

I am thankful for this community who always encourages one another, I am thankful to be a part of it all.



1 comment:

  1. I I know how you feel. Overwhelmed by the depth of your post and its connotations to my own life, I kinda sorta locked up. Ive been sitting here at work for the last 15 minutes trying to figure out really good response to this. My first thought in situations like this is trying to say something helpful and comforting that you might enjoy it might cheer you up, but you're in a good place and you know it so, my job is complete in that respect. After another 10 minutes of sitting here rereading your entry over and over again, I I'm now convinced that it is my subconscious's way of keeping me from thinking about anything that it feels like my conscious mind on not be thinking about right now. Those to have always been at odds out what is and isn't good for my psychological health. And As I am told by a psychologist friend of mine, that over compartmentalization, and over personification of ones mental faculties, is a sure sign of multiple personality syndrome. How's that for broken I have multiple personalities. No I don't! Yes I do. No you don't! Shut up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails