Day 38 - Very Punny


We all have at least one in our lives. I have at least five.

That person who spends a good majority of their time thinking of the most horrible, cheesiest, gut-wrenching puns.

That would describe many people in my life, but none more so than my father.

This was one of the most common conversations of my childhood.

Me: Dad, my knee really hurts.
Dad: Your high-knee or your low-knee *snort*
Me: *eyeroll*

Fast forward to a few days ago while at the hospital awaiting the birth of my niece. We had been sitting in this awful hospital chairs for 13+ hours at this point... and I'm getting kinda old ;-)

Me: Man, my knee is killing me.
Dad: Your high-knee or your low-knee *snort*
Me: *chuckle* Well, at least some things never change.

I am so thankful to have such an outstanding man as my father... puns and all!

I am thankful to have a dad who wanted to be there for his kids, and was.

I am thankful that he is such a Godly example of leadership and wisdom.

What are you thankful for today?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails