Day 27 - If the Lord wills



I love to dream and scheme. I love to picture my life in a year, two years, five years... and plan how I want it to look. I love to Pin home ideas and make notes on how I would do it differently. I love to check my savings account and figure out all the things that I'm going to do when I get to my savings goal.

But I've realized something. As happy as it makes me to dream and scheme... it's also making me a little miserable.

I want to love being exactly where I am.

I want to love my little apartment and not constantly be thinking about my dream house.

I want to love my car with the dent in the side where a deer ran into it on the highway (the deer was fine ;-)

I want to love my couch that I got for twenty-five bucks at a garage sale.

I want to love my dining room table with the leaf that doesn't close all the way.

I want to take to heart James 4:15...

Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that. 

If it is the Lord's will. That's where I want to be in one year, two years, five years... for the rest of my life. In the Lord's will. 

I am thankful for the great steals and deals that I always seem to find at the perfect time. I know that's not my skills, but God's provision.

I am thankful for the amazing home that I have. I know what it is to be without a home of my own. 

I am thankful for my sweet little Honda that keeps on ticking no matter what happens to it! Thank you God for that blessing, please don't take it away!

What are you thankful for today? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails