Day 25 - Writing



There was a time in my life when I would write for hours everyday.

That seems like a different life ago.

The above picture is of two full notebooks of handwritten pages. My handwritten pages. You may or may not know this about me, but I have a completed novel. The first in a trilogy, handwritten in its entirety before being transferred to the computer. The entire series is planned out and the second book is in the works. It's not published yet, but I'm working on that.

As much as I love writing, it is something that I have denied myself for the last few years. I kept telling myself that I didn't have the time, that there was too much else that needed to be done first.

I kept promising myself that during this holiday or that, I would sit down and write for awhile. But, it just never seemed to happen. That's been changing over the last month and I am so grateful for the joy that has flooded back into my life.

I stayed up writing last night until about 2am. That didn't used to seem so late. But after a year of teaching and getting up at 5am, I haven't stayed up so late in quite a while.

This blog has helped reawaken in my heart and mind the desire to write. I am so grateful. Thank you for being a part of this journey. Thank you for helping me to remember that I love this. Thank you.

I am thankful for the inspiration that comes at all hours of the day and night.

I am thankful for the commitment to write about my blessings everyday for 365 days. 

I am thankful that I have friends and readers who will hold me accountable to that commitment.

I am thankful that the act of handwriting a story gives so much joy and excitement.

I am thankful for word processors to check my spelling ;-)

I am thankful for this journey!

What are you thankful for today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails